At Springbrook Academy we value the diversity of backgrounds of all our pupils, families and the wider school community. We have an ethos of tolerance and positive behaviour is evident across the school. Bullying in any form is not tolerated and racially motivated incidents are rare.
The Department for Education states that there is a need:
‘To create and enforce a clear and rigorous expectation on all schools to promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.’
The Department for Education defines British values as:
- Respect for democracy and support or participation in the democratic process
- Respect for the basis on which the law is made and applies in England
- Support for equality of opportunity for all
- Support and respect for the liberties of all within the law
- Respect for and tolerance of different faiths and religious and other beliefs
Our school reflects British values in all that we do.
We aim to nurture our children on their journey through life so they can grow into safe, caring, democratic, responsible and tolerant adults who make a positive difference to British society and to the world. We encourage our children to be creative, unique, open-minded and independent individuals, respectful of themselves and of others in our school, our local community and the wider world.
Please click the links below to view some examples of our work on British values and the SMSC agenda at New Bridge:
British Values promoted within the school